Pages

For People Crazy About 2D Animation!

Acme Punched! is for people crazy about 2D animation. It may be enjoyed by beginners and others, but it is aimed at animators who know already something about the process of animation and the basics of character animation. In large part, it will attempt to provide a deep look into the problem solving that goes on in my head as I work out a scene, often in step-by-step posts that I will sometimes enter in "real time", without knowing in advance what the outcome will be. Mistakes and false starts will not only be included but emphasized, so that the creative process of animation will be portrayed realistically. And, while my own bias is for 2D drawn animation, many of the effects and principles discussed here can apply to CGI 3D animation as well. I hope the blog will prove useful and instructive for all.

-Jim Bradrick

Saturday, June 22, 2013

No. 43, One Year of Acme Punched!


What if you could be Acme punched...literally?


Just a brief message to note that this blog has been running for over a year now; my first post was on May 13, 2012.  As of this writing I have had almost 5,400 page views, which I think is not bad for a blog of such specialized and arcane interest.  I have readers on all six inhabited continents and on most major island nations as well.

Some of the posts require a lot of preparation and work but I have been getting just enough encouragement to keep me going.  Doing the blog also helps me to keep focused on my personal film, The Crossing, which has grown to become so complex that I sometimes don't have any idea when it will be finished.

Anyway I will carry on.  Please keep coming back; I will try to get something new up at least twice a month, and often it will be more.  Your comments also are always encouraged.  (I have just changed some settings so that more people can comment now!)

Meantime, keep animating, and keep traditional animation alive!  The big distributors may think that they have killed traditional animation in feature films, but even if that were true, there remain many more intimate markets, and I believe that in drawn animation there exists a charm and allure that must not be allowed to fade away.

-Jim Bradrick

3 comments:

  1. Good on you, Jim. As another indie animator slogging through a personal film, I appreciate the window into your process. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this wonderful blog by accident several months ago. Thank you for keeping it updated.

    ReplyDelete