Pages

For People Crazy About 2D Animation!

Acme Punched! is for people crazy about 2D animation. It may be enjoyed by beginners and others, but it is aimed at animators who know already something about the process of animation and the basics of character animation. In large part, it will attempt to provide a deep look into the problem solving that goes on in my head as I work out a scene, often in step-by-step posts that I will sometimes enter in "real time", without knowing in advance what the outcome will be. Mistakes and false starts will not only be included but emphasized, so that the creative process of animation will be portrayed realistically. And, while my own bias is for 2D drawn animation, many of the effects and principles discussed here can apply to CGI 3D animation as well. I hope the blog will prove useful and instructive for all.

-Jim Bradrick

Saturday, December 23, 2017

No. 146, Holiday Wishes at Year's End

As blogs go, Acme Punched! has only a small following. But, you are from all over the world! My stats show me that I have readers in Brazil, Ukraine, South Korea, Columbia, Egypt, Israel, Portugal, Australia, Indonesia, China, Great Britain, Sweden, Sudan, Saudi Arabia, India, Nigeria, and on and on. All the populated continents and all the island nations have people interested in hand-drawn animation, who have looked at my blog.

To me, it feels nothing short of awesome. Thanks for listening. I will try to keep doing this. To all of you I wish happy holidays in this time of the winter solstice (in the Northern hemisphere, that is!) and in this year-end time of renewal.

I wish for all the people suffering in the troubled parts of the world, in Yemen and Syria, in Iraq and Afghanistan and Nigeria, in Sudan and Pakistan, in Somalia and Ukraine and the Central African Republic, and in all places which are troubled by war and privation and the natural ravages of weather and earthquakes--I wish for all of them to have something to make them happy in the coming year, or at least to make them secure.

Here's a cartoon to make you laugh.



Best wishes for the New Year!

--Jim Bradrick
and Acme Punched!

No comments:

Post a Comment